Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Friendship, Anonymous

My best friend and I were friends for about four years when we got into our first official fight in high school. In all honesty, it was my fault and I take full responsibility for it, and I have learned a big life lesson from it. So the reason we got into a fight was because I said something behind my best friend’s back to one of our other best friends. I admit it; I said this out of anger because I was venting about everything going on in my life. I know it’s really wrong to do that.

My best friend heard from our mutual friend, and she slowly started to talk less and less to me. I noticed and kept asking her if she was okay because I completely forgot about what I said. She eventually snapped at me over text about what I had said. She said some very rude things to me, which I completely understand, considering what I had done. 

Our friendship ended and I hadn’t felt that sad in such a long time. I eventually realized that because of an unstable home and family life, I became emotionally attached to any friend I made. It took the loss of three best friends to realize this, and I slowly started to grow strong because of it. I learned that I shouldn’t be so dependent on people and be more independent. It is something I’m still working today, but I’m glad I learned it before I got to college. My best friend and I eventually reconnected and we talked about it face to face. We are better friends because of it and I’m glad. 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Breaking up with a best friend can be as hard or harder than breaking up with a boyfriend/girlfriend. -- Sounds like the "breakup" led you to some significant insights.

    ReplyDelete