Tuesday, February 16, 2016

A Friend in Need, by Ke'On White



In the Residence Hall, there was an international student who had been here, staying with a friend. This friend moved out of the dorms, and the international student told me he didn’t have any money or a place to lay his head. I had known him for some time, and my roommate was gone for the weekend. So I offered him a bed and went to the Take 5 to purchase food for him.

The reason I aided this international student was because I felt bad for him not having anywhere to go and not knowing anyone but me. If I were in the same situation I would want assistance as well. Growing up, I was always told, “Treat people how you want to be treated.” This is a quote I live by today and will continue to do for the rest of my life.

1 comment:

  1. You're a good friend to your friends, Ke'On. I'll bet that international student will remember your kindness for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete