Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Foreign Language (of Love), by Angela Maggioncalda




He traveled to my world and invited me to his
His speech is touched by his native tongue,
A language I’ve heard of and yearn to learn

But I am scared and tremble at the idea
I’ve never before traveled to this strange place
But his gentle, warm embrace settles my shivering nerves

We part, but I cannot stop thinking about him
I worry and fuss
Will I be able to learn his language and navigate the land?
I decide to join him and begin the journey.

It has been a year since we began and have traveled far
Sometimes we get lost because I fumble to speak the new language
Other times, his translation isn’t as clear as needed

However, I wouldn’t ask for a different traveling partner
Though I misspeak, he always helps me
While I learn the language of love

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. Somehow, I don't think we're talking about geography.

    ReplyDelete